Thursday, January 31, 2008

Play Therapy

Today Daddy I had to draw death,

and do you know what I drew?

I grasped the black crayon

and with all of my anger I gave

the blank sheet a blanket of black wax.

Today Daddy we discussed my anger,

how do you think she knew about that?

It’s natural she says, I didn’t realize

my hands were around his throat

until the blue surrounded his lips.

Today Daddy I got to write a story,

did you know how much I love writing?

it reminded me of the tiny

story I wrote about you and I;

the one you still keep in your wallet.

Today Daddy I took my new dad

do you know I will never love you less?

I’m so happy he is here

mommy was so lonely

without you there to hold her

Today Daddy I wrote you a letter

do you know why you didn’t receive it?

I was to tie it to a balloon

and send it to heaven

but my counselor wasn’t there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home