Friday, April 27, 2007

San Fernando Cathedral Revised

The Sun’s heat peeked between green leaves.
Shadows swayed across our faces.
Daintily, water trickled down
a three-tier bisque Spanish fountain.
Together we ventured through the
cumbrous doors of San Fernando Cathedral.

The walls were coated in gold gloss.
Jesus hung before us, arms spread
upon his cross, his head, limp, rests
on his chest, appearing to hang
in a transcending devotion.

A zephyr of wind helps to urge
us in, and caused the flames of prayers
encompassing us, to cavort
like the violent seas of summer.

Faith is a virtue to which we
were strangers, but in our darkness
we sought answers; enlightenment.

Together we knelt striving to
light that candle without a wick.
You remember the one…

and we bowed our heads in silence;
I prayed for you my friend.
I prayed for us.
I prayed for Jordan,
although our love was still so young.
I prayed for anyone whom I held high.
I prayed for no more pain,
No more turmoil to disturb
our finally perfect waters
of friendship, after years of deceit.

I cry now to whatever God
in that sky that wishes to consistently
curse me with this eternal enimity.
Friendship and faith play hand in hand,
they both are things I question
and cannot be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home