Thursday, April 12, 2007

Behind Dark Curtains

Our susurrus secrets only echo
in the ringing of our wineglass
on which we purse our lips
with eloquence and charm;
my soul is drawn into you.
Within your brimming heart
I find the joys of love deceiving
my name cannot be found.

What is this twisted tango that
I am entangled in?
Our legs
intertwined,
Our eyes
entranced,
Your lips
graze mine,
Your breath
dances on my neck.

You step out of turn
and our dance of passion
may have sought its end.

I fall to my knees
as tears cling to my cheek,
and desperately struggle
embracing my jaw
they dangle
Hoping for the lighter path
which takes refuge within my bosom.

As the icy wind of reality
caresses every scrap of my skin
the drops lose their grip
landing only in smither-ins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home